In this post, we have done a detailed and trustworthy Doris Kearns Goodwin Masterclass Review, Rollover to Check this post.
In this post, we’ll be discussing Masterclass by Doris Kearns Goodwin who teaches about US presidential History and Leadership. So today we will be discussing whether this Masterclass is for you? How is it structured? What will it offer? And of course who is Doris Kearns Goodwin.
Doris Kearns Goodwin Masterclass Review 2021
About Doris Kearns Goodwin Masterclass
Doris Kearns Goodwin is a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian whose groundbreaking scholarship and keen insights have reshaped the way we view the American presidency.
Doris Kearns Goodwin bestselling books about presidents in times of crisis and profound transition— including Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, and Lyndon Baines Johnson—reveal how innate ability, learned experience, humility, empathy, and flexibility of mind have shaped our greatest chief executives.
Doris’s love of history began as a child: She enjoyed giving her father play-by-play recaps of Brooklyn Dodgers games, and she listened intently to her mother’s memories of her own childhood.
These experiences taught Doris that history is more than facts and figures—it comes to life with great stories told from beginning to middle to end.
Whether it’s family memories passed down through generations or grander accounts of national struggles, history, Doris explains, “makes us feel who we are.”
These insights are apparent across her critically acclaimed biographies of some of the United States’ most celebrated presidents, whom she often calls “my guys”—Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Lyndon B. Johnson.
Dorris has written numerous books on the presidency and American political culture, as well as her love of baseball.
Her 2005 Pulitzer Prize-winning Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln was the basis for Steven Spielberg’s epic film about Lincoln during the Civil War.
Doris’ work has garnered numerous honors, among them the Pulitzer Prize in History, the Carnegie Medal, the Lincoln Prize, the National Endowment for the Humanities’ Charles Frankel Prize, the New England Book Award, and the Carl Sandburg Literary Award
What is the course offering – a brief overview and why should one go for it
Now that you know about the tutor, let us move forward into knowing what the course is offering.
Through this video, I would not only tell you more about this US presidential History and Leadership masterclass but you would also get some great glimpses into what this masterclass offers.
So make sure you watch it till the end!
Now coming to this masterclass, You start this class from the class trailer and introduction.
Moving on to knowing about the tutor and then diving straight into the various sections of this class.
Through this masterclass, Dorris Kearns Goodwin teaches you how to develop the leadership qualities of exceptional American presidents. She talks about the lives of many famous presidents and tells about how we could learn from them.
She also discusses the various traits exhibited by great leaders and the impact that great leadership has on the whole community.
This masterclass has five sections that are further divided into a total of 14 subsections.
Every section is perfectly divided into knowledgeable lessons that are approximately 10 minutes long.
If you are looking for an amazing learning experience that not only provides you with a greater knowledge of the US presidential History and Leadership then you should definitely take this class.
Doris Goodwin has so much to offer and this masterclass is for more than 2 and a half hours long. Yes! You heard me right. Doris Teaches you for a total of 165 minutes.
And you get to learn directly from her. And the best part? You can complete this course at your own pace.
Along with great lessons you also get access to a wonderful workbook.
This 20-page long workbook has all the class-related materials, lesson recaps, and tips that Jodie has shared throughout the masterclass. Along with workbook 4, pdfs containing Richard Goodwin’s speech are also available for download.
Don’t forget to download these before starting.
A walk through each section
The Fourth section is Building civic leadership.
In this lesson, Doriis talks about what it takes to make an impact and change what is happening in your surroundings. She helps us to identify what it takes to make a difference.
This section has 2 subsections and is 22 minutes long. Let us take a quick look at each lesson.
- The first lesson is Civic leadership: Get involved. In this lesson, Doris teaches us the impact of great leadership. She also talks about voting, how it is a very important thing, and what shouldn’t matter in a candidate. She tells us that the power is in our hands.
- The second lesson is Bonus: Advice for Future Presidents. In this lesson, Doris says that the best thing to do when you want to be a president is read about other presidents. She sheds some light on the lives of previous presidents and shares her words of wisdom.
The Fifth section is Building legacy and storytelling.
This is the last section of this masterclass. In this section, Doris Kearns Goodwin tells us about the importance of writing history and the power of storytelling. We learn how storytelling informs the writing of history and acts as the building blocks for building a legacy.
This section has 2 subsections and is 22 minutes long. Let us take a quick look at each lesson.
- The first lesson is in Writing history. The important thing behind studying history and teaching history is that we know how events turned out. In this lesson, Doris tells about her wrong approach and her experience of working with film producer Steven Spielberg on the film Lincoln.
- The second lesson is Legacy: the power of storytelling. People like to be remembered and stories are the best way to do so. In this lesson, Doris teaches us the importance of sharing stories as a way to seek connection and build legacies. This is the last lesson of this masterclass, so Doris also shares some of her words of wisdom along with great words of hope and love.
Who should be taking up this course
Now that you know what each lesson has to offer, let us move on to discussing who should be taking this course.
This class is for anyone who is iterated in the US presidential History or even just history for that matter.
Dorris has been studying history for a long time now and through this class, she shares her perspective.
This class also teaches us many life-altering lessons that are definitely useful in our day-to-day life.
I feel that this class also helps us improve our communication and personality.
So, it won’t be wrong to say that this class definitely provides something for everyone who takes up this class, and no matter who you are you won’t be disappointed with this class.
Doris Kearns Goodwin Pros
Now talking about the pros of this course.
- The biggest advantage is that you get to learn directly from the “Doris Goodwin” and that too for more than 2 and half hours which wouldn’t have been possible without the masterclass platform.
- Doris shares many of her personal experiences and perspectives which are definitely going to be very useful for you in your journey.
- The whole masterclass is very well-paced and divided into great lessons. Doris also discusses various real-life examples for better understanding.
- Along with the masterclass, you also get a great downloadable workbook that is going to be your friend throughout the class. You also get many pdfs that contain Richard Goodwin’s speeches.
- You also get access to a huge like-minded community with whom you can discuss your problems and share your ideas.
Doris Kearns Goodwin Pricing | How Much Does MasterClass Cost?
- Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review
- Robin Roberts Masterclass Review
- Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein Masterclass
FAQs | Doris Kearns Goodwin Masterclass Review
💁 What is a Masterclass?
Masterclass has some of the best A-class teachers like Bob Iger teaching business, Aurel Stein teaching writing, and the list continues. Just demand a course and they have in their list along with the best teachers.
🤑What is the pricing of masterclass ?
Masterclass All-Access Pass is billed at $180 and comes with a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
📺 Where can I watch?
With MasterClass, you can learn and be inspired anytime, anywhere, including your smartphone, personal computer, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku streaming media players. You can even download your favorite lessons and watch on the plane or listen during your commute in audio-only mode
🤷♀️ How does the 30-day guarantee work?
Our goal is to make sure that you have the best learning experience possible. If MasterClass isn’t for you, then email us within 30 days of the date you purchase your subscription, and we’ll offer a full refund.
Conclusion: Doris Kearns Goodwin Masterclass Review 2021
I actually ended up taking this class because of the class title, it sounded interesting but soon enough I figured there is something to learn from the great leaders of the past.
I was completely surprised by how engaging and captivating Doris is and I could actually listen to her for hours.
The class material is great, too. Doris has spent five decades getting to know these presidents and she is very capable of putting what she learned in perspective.
She also made this relevant today and along with that she also talked about her late husband Richard and shared some of his work too. This class was overall very amazing for me to take!
We would love to hear your thoughts on the same in the comment section below.
Also, I highly recommend the US presidential History and Leadership Masterclass course by Dorris Goodwin and if you wish to pursue this please go ahead without any doubt.
Also if you really like this review then please share the review on your social media handles.
Doris Kearns Goodwin Masterclass On Social Media
— Jackie Hirtz (@ImaginingLily) October 14, 2020
Doris Kearns Goodwin’s MasterClass is EXCELLENT! Watch it if you want to remember what courageous and stable presidential leadership looks like: https://t.co/5UkxIASU2j
— Susan Fletcher (@susanfletcher2) September 21, 2020